Coral Bay Resort
Just where the Keys begin to arch toward blazing sunsets, and the din of busier islands fades to
nothing, stands the tropical paradise called Lower Matecumbe and the Coral Bay Resort.
Unspoiled and unhurried, the Coral Bay Resort preserves an informality and grace that other Keys
can only distantly recall. Each of our distinctive cottages is styled after an historic Keys home and each is
tropically appointed with central heat and air-conditioning.
Whether you want to fish, dive, snorkel, rent a power or sail boat, or just lie around our heated
pool, our managers will help you accomplish it. Each is committed to our concept of maintaining "The Keys the way
they used to be".
The grounds at the Coral Bay Resort are lined with hibiscus and bougainvillea and our brilliant
sandy beach slopes gently into the liquid crystal hues of the Gulf of Mexico. The sunsets are always spectacular
and at night we illuminate the waters beyond our dock so that our guests can continue to enjoy the play along the
Every room has a covered porch or patio, telephone with voice mail, cable TV with remote, laundry
facilities and housekeeping daily. We have a fresh water heated pool, sandy beach for swimming and a salt-water
tidal pool filled with native tropical fish and open to the bay, for snorkeling. There are no additional charges
for boat dock and ramp use and we have ample trailer storage on the premises.
Directions From the Miami Airport or the Fort Lauderdale Airport
* Take the Florida Turnpike South
* Watch for signs where the turnpike splits off to the right and stay on the turnpike (sign will
say FL Turnpike – Homestead & Florida City right lane and I-95 and Stadium left lane)
* Stay on the turnpike until it ends in Homestead and Florida City
* You will be exited off on to US Hwy 1 in Florida City
* Stay on US 1 (known as Overseas Hwy - the only road into and out of the Florida Keys)
* Everything in the Keys is referenced by the mile markers on US 1
Mile markers are white numbers in small green boxes on the side of the road
Florida City is MM 120 and Key West is MM zero
* The Coral Bay is located at MM 75.5 (Gulf or right side if south bound) of US 1
Coral Bay Resort | 75690 Overseas Highway
Islamorada, FL 33036 | http://www.coralbayresort.com/